RA Agency represents award-winning female Production Sound Mixers, Cinematographers and Camera Operators in Major Motion Pictures, Features, HETV Drama and Commercial’s Productions in the UK.
“RA Agency exists at a time when there has never been a more opportune moment to employ women in camera and sound. By representing women, we see ourselves as leaders in the ongoing progress towards full gender parity across the industries”– Founder, Agent Lulu Elliott
We have had great success recently in our sound department, with our leading Production Sound Mixers; Judi Lee-Headman, nominated for a BAFTA TV Craft award 2022 for ‘Intergalactic’ and awarded with the WFTV Panalux Craft Award in 2019 for ‘The Capture’, Nina Rice winning the RTS award for Best Sound Drama 2022 for ‘This is Going to Hurt’ and Cassandra Rutledge winning the BIFA Award for Best Sound 2022 for ‘Flux Gourmet’.
Lori Dovi CAS PSM has an overwhelming portfolio with award winning contributions to Features ( (‘Nocturnal Animals’ ) and TV (‘Mindhunter’) that have earnt Bafta, Oscar and Emmy Nominations & Wins.
Our camera operating talent has worked on tent-pole studio features like ‘The Batman’, ‘Eternals’ and ‘Antman 3’. And recently ‘The Woman King’ and HETV ‘His Dark Materials 3’ and ‘Bridgerton 3’.
We pride ourselves on offering our clients a personal and boutique service, by keeping the agency focused on key role models and with a limited exclusive client base. To find out more about the services we can offer you as an exclusive agent, please email us your interest. However, the key services include; sourcing opportunities, managing enquires, negotiating the full and every detail of the deal offered, to be on hand to assist with admin and logistics’, manage/create your PR online/offline and include you in relevant industry events. We also organize agency events for our members, in the past these have been surfing trips to Morocco and country spa retreats. This gives us a chance to get to know our clients and bring them together to create a friendly and solid network we can all relay on.
- The idea for RA Agency: (previously Reel Angels) came in 2009 after working in the industry as a ‘rock n roll’ Camera Operator, Music Video Director and TV Follow Spot Operator. Lulu Elliott, the founder identified that there was an issue with gender parity especially in the technical departments of camera, sound and lighting. She began to research and develop the agency with great care over the last 12 years awarded funding from; The Prince’s Trust, Bright Ideas Trust and BFI’s Diversity Grant. Lulu has been listed in 2017 PITCH’s Top 100 Super Women and was nominated for the Diversity Champion in 2017 and featured in The British Cinematographer Magazine ‘Reel Angels on a Determined Diversity Mission’, First Frame ‘Girls on Film’ plus WFTV, BECTU and GBFTE Newsletters. Recently Lulu wrote an article ‘How to Drive Diversity in Film and TV’, which was published in Televisual. You can read it here.
RA is very much more than an agency, as Lulu has been very active in raising awareness over the last 12 years and has taken part in discussion panels at Bristol’s International Cinematography Festival, BIFA Festival, TLG’s Focus Expo, Raindance, Birds Eye View and Middlesex University. In early 2022 Lulu wrote a series of articles on Mental Health & Well-being, Bullying, Diversity and Inclusion.
RA have also organized our own workshops’ open to all women in the industry, specializing in: Working at Height, Phantom High-Speed Camera, Building Arri Cameras as a 2nd AC, D3 Media Server, Codex DIT, Multi-Camera in the Studio, Live Music Camera Operating and Follow Spot training. We have organized our own events ‘Celebrating Women Behind the Camera’ across the UK and invited Media Parents, WFTV, BECTU and EWA to host our panel discussions. RA Agency has hosted more personal networking sessions outside of our client base, as we have developed many connections over the decade with female crew from all grades.
- We strive for equality, which can be reflected in rates offered to our clients, as well as providing our HODS with fully supported camera and sound teams, competitive kit rates and a positive experience on set. Please keep up to date with the BECTU’s rates card here .
- Our clients’ wellbeing is very important to us and do not take any bullying/harassment/discrimination as acceptable. We would expect productions to have a bullying policy in place, you can find a template created by BFI and BAFTA here.
- We encourage productions to promote the use of the CALLit app and consider employing a Wellbeing Facilitator from 6FT and promote the services offered by the TV and Film charity.
- We wholly recommend Digital Orchards’ Equality and Inclusion Training here.
- RA’s ‘FUTURES’ programme is set up to focus on providing support to black women working in the camera department due to the severe lack of black female DOP’s, we mentor from trainee and assistant level up, find out more here..
For enquiries on availability please contact Lulu Elliott directly:
Direct Line: +44 797 212 9854
RA Agency Supported By;
‘RA-Agency is the missing link to continue to increase the female workforce in the film and TV industry’